Leading Melbourne CBD based Financial Services organisation currently looking for an experienced DBA to take on a varied role within their IT team.
Due to ongoing growth this well know Financial Services institution is looking for an experienced Database Administrator across a mixed SQL and Oracle environment.
The main focus here will be on Database Administration and reporting activities, with the view to working on BI and enabling a shift towards MS Dynamics, whilst supporting existing systems. This is a unique position that will truly allow you to stretch your skills and challenge you to be your best.
You will have a solid DBA background across both SQL and Oracle databases, with experience in Business Intelligence and reporting, as well as experience with Microsoft Dynamics. You will be savvy around managing stakeholders and expectations, and will thrive in a team focused, collaborative environment.
Scope and responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains all databases required for development, testing, education and production usage, as well as creating new database users.
- Performs the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the database environment.
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum up-time.
- Implement standards for application design and code.
- Evaluates database releases and tools.
- Provides technical support to application development/support team.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshoots problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of physical database design
- Strong DBA experience in both SQL and Oracle.
- Financial Services experience would be a distinct advantage.
- Operating system performance monitoring experience.
- Experience providing strategic database direction.
- Excellent knowledge of database backup and recovery scenarios.
- A good knowledge of database security management.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- Sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
- A team player with ability to communicate and collaborate at all levels
This is an initial 6 month contract with high probability of extensions. We are looking for someone with the desire to stay and contribute over the long term.
Apply directly to Jonny Jameson (0292406351) via the link below for an immediate response.