Profusion Group’s large banking client is a real leader in the Australian finance space and is undergoing significant changes enhancing and integrating various New Product Systems as well as internal processes. We have 2 x new opportunities for Junior Java Developers to join ASAP in a permanent capacity.
– Well known established major player in the global finance space
– Melbourne CBD based close to public transport
– Agile innovative growing business
Day to day responsibilities include:
- Developing system requirements in collaboration with the development teams (both located onshore and offshore)
- Build, develop and maintain web based applications utilizing Core Java programming languages.
- Help maintain a Continuous Integration (CI) approach to development in an Agile environment (TDD).
- Develop robust, high quality software solutions for web applications.
- Help verify and validate software solutions going into production.
- Interface with other project stakeholders to ensure that the system objectives are balanced with the overall project objectives.
- Apply your development skills to the product design process.
- Maintain technical skills and technical awareness for on-going improvements.
Skills & Experience required for this role:
- A University Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Some commercial programming experience with Core Java.
- Knowledge of Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Knowledge of core Java, Enterprise Java (JEE), and JEE API’s.
- Proven technical skills for Java development across the full SDLC including WebObjects, SQL, XML and REST services.
- Some exposure to DevOps will be highly regarded – AWS, Git, SVN.
- Understanding of OO (Object Orientated) design concepts.
- Experience working with Agile working methodology – SCRUM (TDD, BDD etc..)
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Any experience in Banking or Finance highly regarded
Apply now directly to Dave Marshall at Profusion Group (0292406382) for an immediate interview.
(Connect with me to hear about similar roles not yet posted https://au.linkedin.com/in/davidjmarshall )