Our client is a specialist provider of life insurance to affinity partners, superannuation trustees and employers. Their global presence in more than 40 countries gives us the scale and experience to be a valued and trusted partner in business.
Their expertise is in designing and delivering insurance solutions to meet the specific needs of Australians.
This role is responsible for the management of claims complaints and disputes for Group Claims and for the leadership and development of Complaints and Dispute Resolution Specialists.
- Oversee and manage litigated group claims with internal and external Legal on behalf of our client.
- Oversee and independently review and manage customer disputes relating to claims decisions and escalations.
- Ensure the appropriate communication of disputed claims decisions to all stakeholders.
- Oversee and manage SCT/FOS disputed claims with the appropriate industry body on behalf of MetLife.
- Management of IDRC claims disputes on behalf of our client.
- Oversee and management of any other claims dispute from a third party or stakeholder on behalf of MetLife.
- Provide monthly reporting on all disputes to the Head of Claims and Underwriting Services Manager.
- Analyse complaint, appeal and SCT/FOS trends to make relevant recommendations to the Head of Claims and Underwriting Services Manager.
- Engage with appropriate internal stakeholders on disputes.
- Resolution of claims on the most favourable terms for our client in consultation with internal legal.
- Respond to complaints/disputes within SLA’s or set time frames.
- Be an active contributor to business improvement projects/activities.
- Leadership and development.
- Provide leadership, coaching and feedback to the individual Specialist/s on positive and negative resolution outcomes for their development.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in managing litigation and/or disputes within Financial Services
- Proven success and experience in a leadership role ideally from operations
- Experience in dealing with Life Insurance Claims would be desirable
- Excellent understanding of the key drivers of the Life Insurance business
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills and excellent communications skills both verbal and written
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Previous experience in managing litigation and disputes is essential
- Ability to motivate staff and provide constructive feedback
- Willingness to create and sustain dynamic team environment
- Understanding of performance targets and measurement
You will also have:
- Appropriate Tertiary qualifications in managing litigation/disputes
- RG146 compliant (desirable)
What’s on Offer
This is an incredible opportunity to step into a pivotal leadership role with an established and successful blueprint and which you can then evolve to make it your own.
If you have the credentials, experience and the drive that we are looking for please click to apply or contact Heena Geronimo 0425335920 for a confidential discussion.