This large industry fund are looking for a talented Network Engineer to join their growing IT team based in Sydney’s CBD.
Due to growth within the organisation, our client is looking for an experienced Network Engineer with skills in both Network BAU administration and Project initiatives.
You will be responsible for designing, managing and operating the Network Environment, liaising across internal and external providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, configure, install and manage Network infrastructure for applications.
- Design, configure and install Network related Azure services.
- Troubleshoot, investigate and resolve Network issues.
- Test, debug and resolve network faults.
- Assist in analysis and design of F5 checkpoint, Azure and Routing technologies.
- Assist in detailed design, and specs for programs including support, development, improvement, installation and QA.
- Contribute towards service design activities for purchases and upgrades.
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical project, end user and operations documentation.
You will be a strong trobleshooter who is results focused, with a commitment to client service.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience as a Network Administrator/Engineer.
- Strong Cisco administration experience.
- Experience with Azure or AWS technologies and frameworks.
- Strong networking technologies experience including DWDM, SDH, Ethernet and switching technologies.
- Extensive experience with internet protocols including HTTP, Firewalls, FTP, HTTPS, proxying.
- Exposure to security frameworks and protocols.
- Good working knowledge of and experience working with third party providers.
- Strong planning, prioritisation and organisational and communication skills.
Desirable skills and experience
- Previous experience developing and supporting Amazon cloud infrastructure within a medium sized end user or vendor based environment.
- Good knowledge and understanding of relational databases (SQL Server).
- Exposure to mixed MS and Unix operating system environments.
This is a rare opportunity to join an organisation that truly values it’s employees, in a collaborative and supportive team environment.
Apply now via the link for a quick assessment of your application or call Jonny Jameson on 02 9240 6351 for a confidential discussion