Sam Holliday provides a review of the Business Projects space within Banking & Financial Services each quarter.
The market has been busy over December and January, contrary to the norm at this time of year.
Most active areas in the market
- Financial Planning;
- Core Banking; and
Alternative sectors or new market entrants that will shake up the market
- Small to medium Fin-Tech players and what they enable, such as:
– Payments bypassing the banks (e.g. PayPal);
– Peer to peer lending (e.g. Society One);
– Robo-advice (e.g. InvestSmart, Stockspot); and
- ‘New’ financial services players such as Coles & Woolworths.
Skills in highest demand
- Digital; and
- Downward pressure on daily rate contract rates have persisted; and
- A greater ratio of perm engagements compared to this time last year.
For more information contact Sam Holliday