Assistant Vice President / Vice President – Credit Management
- Institutional / Global Banking organisation in Sydney’s CBD
- Fantastic work life balance and flexibility for an institutional organisation
- Lucrative six figure salary package – Apply if you’re a AVP looking to move to a VP
NB: Please only apply if you have current/relevant Institutional Banking experience.
Global banking organisation that has a major focus within structured finance such as LBO, Project Finance, Real Estate Finance, and Securitization.
The following aspects of this role are indicative only and in no way limit the Company in allocating additional or alternative accountability (specific tasks, projects or related activities) to the employee, within the scope of the employee’s level of competence, experience, knowledge and qualification.
Credit Approval (50%)
- Review credit applications submitted by front office. Make sure all possible credit
- risks are adequately identified and meet compliance requirements as outlined in the banks policies and guidelines.
- Make an executive summary, form an opinion, and seek approval from the relevant authority according to internal criteria.
- Undertake corporate and industrial research during the review process. This may require domestic and or international travel.
- Answer queries from the Credit Review Department, external Audit and Regulators as required.
Credit Monitoring / Problem Asset Management (30%)
- Review and assess Credit Monitoring applications submitted by front office. This is to monitor the credit standing of an obligor in a timely manner in order to take necessary countermeasures at an early stage.
- Confirm Obligor/Facility Grade and Borrower’s Category after thorough review.
- Instruct front office to conduct Credit Monitoring when a trigger event requiring review of credit standing occurs.
- Ensure that these are approved within required time frames.
Credit Risk Reporting (10%)
- Prepare reports related to internal and external reporting and inspection
- processes, such as quarterly internal self-assessment, J-FSA inspection, and APRA onsite credit review.
- Prepare periodic reports such as newly approved large-scale credit, disapproved credit, joint deliberation credit, unsold credit, credit cost calculation, etc. and report to the Credit Management Department and other relevant departments.
Internal Customer Service (10%)
Answer “Recommendation Requests” submitted by other credit departments with regard to transactions involving credit risks of borrowers in charge.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a credit approval position with a bank or financial institution.
- Impaired asset management experience.
- Tertiary qualification in a business-related field.
- Experience of working in a financial services organization.
- Ability to understand financial products.
- Ability to understand financial statements.
What’s on Offer
- Company and job security
- Further global institutional banking exposure
- Not the usual long investment bank/institutional banking working hours
Click on the ‘APPLY’ button or contact Scott Aitken on +61 292406368