A well known Multi-National Financial Services brand with a growing presence in the Australian market.
As the Head of IT for the Australian business, this is a key business facing position encompassing both operational and hands on technical responsibility to support up to 150 users.
This role will have a dotted line locally to the CFO and also the Global Group CIO based overseas, you will be working closely with both to roll out the global IT strategy and make the necessary amendments to ensure the strategy is compliant with Australian business regulations.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Infrastructure and Application support, Data Protection, Risk and Compliance and the associated projects that come from these areas so a solid background in project management is important.
Leading a small team locally, you will need to demonstrate strong team leadership experience as well as excellent people skills to engage with the business and show an approachable and supportive face for IT within the business.
Essential Skills Required:
- A minimum of 3 years team management experience ideally within international environments
- Experience in IT Architecture and Infrastructure management and operations
- Experience in Software Development and the SDLC
- Knowledge of IT Security, data protection, risk and compliance
- Project/Program Management skills
- Senior Stakeholder Management experience
- Willingness to work in a hands on role and get your hands dirty when required
- Excellent communication skills with an engaging personality
- Experience in Insurance and Claims Management systems would be advantageous but not essential.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a global market leader within a fast-paced industry, you will have both the support locally and also from the team globally to uplift the IT capability within Australia.
On offer for the right candidate is an excellent salary package in line with the seniority of the role, some travel will be required to head office overseas every 6 months.
Applications of interest should be made by applying through Seek in the first instance.