Profusion’s large well known financial client is looking for junior / mid level Desk Developer who has some Finance/Banking/Superannuation and/or investments experience on a min 12 month contract. Working closely with the investments side of the business they need a high achiever who can help to quickly solve a business problems, automate processes, and provide data to the business directly. Paramount to this role is ability to clearly communicate and receive new requests and are able to differentiate between a desk development solution and an enterprise IT development solution.
In this role you will be developing and enhancing existing and new solutions to better analyse and report on data from the investment branch of the business. This role will require outstanding stakeholder management skills and will be integral link between the business and IT. If you have a passion for development and want to enhance your experience working closely with the business this is the right role for you!
Skills & Experience
- This is a technical role but is also a very business focused role, so to apply you must have experience working large corporate/matrix/global environment
- Understand software development methodology and have an understanding of architecture standards. Interfaces with main development team for larger development efforts or where a desk development solution needs to scale to a formal IT project.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Excellent communication skills and senior stakeholder skills
- Expert experience in providing analysis, design, development and implementation of Microsoft Office applications and databases (mainly Access and Excel)
- Using strong VBA experience help building applications for the business to better analyse and report on their data and automate processes.
- Using strong stakeholder management, you will be a confident in translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Have a broad understanding of Software technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
- Creates reports using Microsoft Access and proprietary reporting tools
- Expert in Microsoft Office: VBA, VSTO Excel and Access
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
What’s on Offer
This opportunity will allow you to gain a deeper understanding of the business especially in the investment area as they make critical investment business decisions. You will become key in how IT can partner with the business to produce better solutions.
Apply now via the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Butler at Profusion Group on 02 9240 6312 for any questions.