Profusion’s exciting global client is a specialist innovative cloud technology company, delivering cloud & premise-based systems to clients in Australia, the US and UK. Their state of the art advanced solutions includes identification and various other biometric software. Their customer base includes a mix of high profile brands and leading Tier 1 firms globally.
Their business is rapidly growing, we are seeking to recruit a Systems Operations Engineer, ideally with some network skills to help manage and grow their automation platform in DC’s in Australia and the United States as well as help maintain their AWS based infrastructure.
This role will suit energetic & talented person who will work with highly advanced local technical team on delivering exceptional customer outcomes including new solution implementations and ensuring a highly robust operating platform.
This role would suit someone with 5+ years Linux / Systems Administration experience who is looking to grow their experience through a diversity of challenges.
- Linux Systems Administration
- Proactive Support of Production environments
- Maintain high site availability and performance for customers
- Assist with maintaining VMware, AWS and GCP environments
- Assist in the deployment of application releases through automation
- Assist with system design and implementation that aids and improves scalability and security
- Performing in depth analysis of varying issues and root cause analysis
- Participate in a 24×7 on call support roster
- Create and maintain relevant systems documentation for internal and support users
Experience and skills
- Excellent understanding and hands on experience with Linux (CentOS/RedHat) and LAMP stack
- Good understanding and hands on experience with cloud providers (AWS, GCP)
- Good understanding of Ansible (other configuration management and orchestration tool experience is also OK)
- Use of version control (Git/BitBucket) as part of an Infrastructure as Code environment
- Understanding of relevant tools of the trade (Atlassian Toolset, Ansible)
- Understanding and experience with Monitoring and Alerting systems (Nagios, Prometheus, external hosted monitoring)
- Ability to create automated/scripted solutions across multiple layers (systems, application and network)
- Participate in on call support roster
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work with remote teams
Desirable Additional Requirements
- Exposure to PCI/HIPAA environments
- Networking knowledge (Cisco, Linux, VyOS, AWS, GCP)
- Application Support Experience
What’s on Offer
This is a great opportunity for a Linux SysOps Engineer looking to take the next step by working on a global platform. Our client believes strongly in work-life balance where they support individual goals and ambitions where possible within the business.
Apply now To Dave Marshall via the APPLY button below.
Connect with me to hear about more roles https://www.linkedin.com/in/davidjmarshall/