Profusion Group have an amazing opportunity for a Mental Health Consultant to join a leading Life Insurer in an exciting, newly created role.
This particular client boasts an excellent company culture with a forward thinking approach. As a result of their growth and success and an up rise of Mental Health Claims across the industry, they require the assistance of Mental Health/Psych Professional to join as a Consultant across their Life Insurance Portfolio.
The Mental Health Specialist will play a key role in Mental Health related claims, identifying the customer’s recovery needs and developing innovative strategies to facilitate recovery and return to work within a realistic time frame.
You will be responsible for recommending the involvement of other internal and external specialists and will contribute to identifying ways to enhance the current recovery model for customers suffering from Mental Health conditions.
Holistic Claims Management:
- Identifies all impacting factors and creates strategies with return to work in mind.
- Manages duration control, implementing recovery and RTW strategies to effectively control Mental Health claim duration’s.
- Understands and communicates the role and function of all stakeholders in the holistic claims management approach.
- Collaborates effectively with all stakeholders to identify, develop and implement effective case management plans that support customer’s suffering from a Mental Health condition in realising their best life.
Further focus areas include:
- Responsible for continual capability uplift of our Case Managers and Recovery Specialists by partnering with our internal Psychiatrist (Senior Medical Officer) to complete training sessions to Claims teams on Mental Health conditions and how we can assist our customers with their mental illness.
- Collaborate with case managers to develop strategic approaches to case management that incorporate rehabilitation considerations and encourage early intervention for Mental Health claims.
- Be involved in strategic decisions both internally/externally along with the implementation, consistency and continuous improvement across Mental Health Claims
Skills and experience
- Detailed knowledge of rehabilitation process and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in applying targeted rehabilitation strategies
- Relevant Allied Health experience and qualifications – Must be within Psychology or Mental Health
- Extensive experience in dealing with complex Mental Health cases.
- Strategic, analytical assessment and decision making skills
- Ideally a Significant understanding of the Life Insurance Act, Insurance Contract Act, SCT/FOS Rules and other relevant Legislations
- Ability to think analytically and intuitively in a Recovery/RTW framework
- Proven coaching and mentoring capabilities
What’s on offer
This is the chance to join a growing organisation that encourages organic growth through setting out a structured career plan from the start. With a market leading salary on offer and the chance to make a difference this position will not last for long.
Should you choose to make the switch, please do give me a call as it would be great to hear from you and discuss.
Dominic Sheppard – 02 9240 6386
Welcome to connect with Dominic on LinkedIn too.