Profusion is delighted to be working with a global, market leading, wealth management client who is looking for an experienced Software Engineer with solid Investments /Wealth management experience.
This role will see a highly technical individual with demonstrated Python programming experience work collaboratively in a team of high performing, extremely analytical developers and other investment experts.
The successful candidate will be a key innovator in:
- Design, develop and implement technology solutions, with particular emphasis on improving and automating existing tactical solutions and where possible evolving these into mature production assets
- Work closely with Investments and Operations business teams, to review and streamline existing technology related processes and help to identify opportunities for continued strategic improvement in the use of technology assets
- Work closely with other development teams to ensure all solutions comply with development standards and to further improve SDLC tooling and processes
- Contribute to improving DevOps including researching and making recommendations on Automation, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment tooling and processes
The best candidate will be analytical, curious and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail, and have an analytical mind. They are a natural collaborator, an excellent communicator, open to feedback and eager to work side-by-side with other high performing investment specialists.
Experience and skills
- Sound Financial markets/ Super/ Investments/ Wealth management experience preferably with a CFA investments fundamentals qualification
- Outstanding experience developing solutions in the Python programming language with deep and thorough understanding of common libraries;
- Demonstrated experience in SQL and Excel programing with the ability to refactor spreadsheets, implement standardised solution patterns and (where possible) replace components parts with mature, server based solutions
- Experience in engaging with stakeholders to understand, model and subsequently automate manual processes
- Solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in a complex and adaptive environment.
- Sound experience with tools such as Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence and/or other similar tools preferred;
- Degree (Maths, Science, Engineering, Computer Science) preferred
What’s on Offer
If you are looking for a long term contract with a real global leader in the investments and wealth management space and where you will have the opportunity to be a part of an integral technology team, then look no further..
Apply now via the APPLY button or contact Dave Marshall at Profusion Group on 03 9602 9890 for an immediate conversation.
Feel free to directly connect to hear about similar roles not yet advertised. www.linkedin.com/in/davidjmarshall