With a strategy for continued product/fund launches and an ever-increasing client base (retail and institutional) this expanding team is reaching capacity and we are seeking an experienced fund accountant to support the continued growth of this globally renowned Fund Manager.
Unlike many Fund Accounting roles, this position is no longer focused on Unit Pricing as to allow the team to focus on the following high value tasks:
- Confirm the accuracy and integrity of the distribution calculations performed by the outsourced providers;
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of the preparation of financial statements and other reporting requirements executed by external providers;
- Provide analysis and commentary of trends and issues, suggesting improved processes and ongoing solutions;
- Maintaining up to date on accounting standards and regulatory changes that may affect financial statements and reporting, ensuring that any changes are implemented in a timely and accurate fashion;
- Support fund launches and business activities whilst also pro-actively performing additional ad-hoc duties and projects willingly;
Skills & Experience:
To successfully secure this role, you will have:
- 2+ years’ experience already as a fund accountant or possibly have experience in External Audit covering Financial Services clients ideally in Funds Management or Superannuation;
- Exposure to Statutory Reporting within the Funds Management industry within Australia with sound knowledge of current regulations/legislations;
- A Tertiary degree in accounting/finance or related field and possibly CA/CPA (or working towards it);
- You will have strong communication skills with the ability to influence and negotiate.
What’s On Offer:
This is a rare opportunity with a highly respected Global Fund Manager to take on an influential role that has a market leading remuneration structure as well as a positive work life balance. Surrounded and supported by experienced qualified professionals who enjoy a workplace driven by success and growth, you will be given unmatched development opportunities to build a prosperous and rewarding long term career.
If you believe that you meet the selection criteria and believe that this is the right opportunity for you, then please apply now for an immediate review of your resume or contact Tom Brown on 03 9602 9870.
Connect with me to hear about similar roles not yet advertised https://au.linkedin.com/in/tombrownprofusion