A leading Australian Financial Services organisations that provides a broad range of services to almost one million Australians. Currently in an exciting stage of growth and transformation. They are committed to attracting high performing people and offer a positive and collaborative working environment, where career development is strongly encouraged and supported. Their services are designed to provide peace of mind for all their clients at important times in their lives.
Reporting to the General Manager, you will lead the Legal team and provide legal services to the Wealth and Capital Markets while simultaneously baring the responsibility of overseeing strategic transactions and major projects across the Property Business. Further responsibilities will include the following:
- Source, lead and retain high performing team members
- Partner with key internal stakeholders, formulating and executing plans and objectives as agreed upon
- Establish and maintain high performance standards, guiding your team to meet business area objectives
- Provide business wide general legal support, whether it be in reference to contracts, transactions, or regulatory requirements.
Skills & Experience
Ideally, you will have experience in a management position within the legal sector, as well as:
- Tertiary level law qualifications & Admission to practice as an Australian legal practitioner
- Extensive experience post-qualification, at minimum 10 years, preferably at a renowned institute
- Demonstrated experience within contract drafting and formation, and regulatory requirements
- Background in financial services as well as corporate and commercial law
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude and a willingness to roll up the sleeves and be hands-on
What’s On Offer
This is a rare opportunity to join highly respected organisation to take on an influential role, offering a market leading remuneration structure, as well as a positive work-life balance. You will be surrounded and supported by experienced qualified professionals who enjoy a workplace driven by success and growth, and will be given unmatched development opportunities to build a prosperous and rewarding long term career.
If you believe that you meet the selection criteria and believe that this is the right opportunity for you, then please do not hesitate to apply now for an immediate review of your resume, or contact Tom Brown on 03 9602 9870.