Profusion is delighted to be working with a global, market leading, wealth management client who is looking for an experienced Senior Python Developer with excellent Investments /Wealth management experience (equity, fixed income and / or currency derivatives preferred).
This role will see a highly quantitative individual with demonstrated programming experience work collaboratively in a team of high performing, extremely analytical developers and other investment experts.
The successful candidate will be a key innovator in developing new models, uplifting existing ones, as well as automating manual processes.
The best candidate will be analytical, curious and self-motivated with a keen eye for detail, and an analytical mind. They are a natural collaborator, an excellent communicator, open to feedback and eager to work side-by-side with other high performing investment specialists.
Experience and skills
- Sound Financial markets/ Super/ Investments/ Wealth management experience
- Outstanding experience developing solutions in the Python programming language with deep and thorough understanding of common libraries;
- Outstanding knowledge and experience of investment management processes with experience within equity fixed income and / or currency derivatives highly desirable
- Previous experience working for a reputable investment bank, investment manager, or investment systems provider.
- Solid understanding of capital markets and asset allocation;
- Experience with commonly used 3rd party financial software vendors (Bloomberg, Factset, Reuters, Aladdin, Iress, Barra, etc.) and their data, models and APIs;
- Capacity to work alongside highly capable technical experts to identify, understand and analyse critical business requirements and issues in order to develop business solution strategy;
- Solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to build relationships and work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in a complex and adaptive environment.
- Sound experience with tools such as Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence and/or other similar tools preferred;
- Degree (Maths, Science, Engineering, Computer Science) preferred
What’s on Offer
If you are looking for a long term contract with a real global leader in the investments and wealth management space and where you will have the opportunity to be a part of an integral technology team, then look no further..
Apply now via the APPLY button or contact Dave Marshall at Profusion Group on 03 9602 9890 for an immediate conversation.
Feel free to directly connect to hear about similar roles not yet advertised. www.linkedin.com/in/davidjmarshall