Profusion is working with an innovative and market leading finance client who are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to lead a team of talented individuals working on cutting edge projects.
We are looking for a passionate Development Team Manager with 8+ years experience in technology including 5+ as a Software Engineer. Our client is looking for someone who is a quick learner and has a passion for technology. This role is perfect for someone who is looking to further their career in a finance market leader and work in an innovative team culture.
Skills & Experience
- Managing staff. Develop, mentor and provide guidance, training and motivation as necessary. Conducts regular one on one, staff meetings and new hires.
- Hands on development. This role requires you to still be experienced in hands on development and not be afraid to get your hands dirty with coding + testing.
- Resourcing. Maintain appropriate staff to contractor ratios. Ensure team submits time sheets and status reports. Monitor completion of each person’s deliverables (e.g., business system analyst, functional requirements). Mentor and develop technical staff at lower grade levels.
- Project Management. Provide expert level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables. Manage large and complex projects or multiple concurrent medium/small projects.
- Planning. Develop, implement, and monitor technical project plans for concurrent projects. Identify deliverables, milestones, and tasks. Plan and integrate schedules, resources and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
- Communication with internal clients, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitor project progress, and distribute reports to management and clients.
- Vendor Management. Develop strong relationships with client management and vendors.
- Leadership. Lead and facilitates design and test inspections, and other project meetings throughout product life cycle to identify issues.
- Risk Management. Maintain current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Identify, manages, and mitigates technical risks.
Tech skills required:
- Java background preferred
- AWS or AZURE
- CI/CD tools
Whats on offer
If you are looking for a role where you will have the opportunity to lead an exciting finance technology team. Solid career progression and outstanding bonus scheme then look no further..
Apply now via the APPLY button or contact Rebecca Butler at Profusion Group on 02 9240 6312 for an immediate conversation.
(Connect with me to hear about similar roles not yet posted https://www.linkedin.com/in/rebecca-butler)