Profusion have been engaged exclusively by this award wining Life Insurer to recruit for 2 Team Managers across their Group (Corporate Super) and Retail Life Insurance portfolio. The Claims Department is responsible for assessing all Income Protection, Group Salary Continuance, TPD, Death and Trauma
Both roles are responsible for managing individual teams of Claim Assessors and help build, develop and lead their team to manage claims effectively and deliver better health outcomes in line with the Insurers claims philosophy – Putting the customers at the forefront of everything we do.
The role requires a strong understanding of life insurance claim assessment procedures and techniques as well as experience in managing a team and mentoring.
The client’s are also very open to experienced senior or principal assessors looking to step up.
- Work with your team and the wider claims team to communicate and deliver business vision and objectives
- Establish objectives and development plans for team members and review performance against these measures via regular feedback and coaching
- Participate in the recruitment of high performing staff
- Promote and encourage initiatives and continuous process improvements within your team and the wider department
- Endeavour to maintain claim portfolio within actuarial expectations while delivering superior customer service to all parties within service level agreements
- Review and authorise larger and more complex claims
- Ensure all claims decisions are fair, reasonable and consistent with and in adherence to the claims philosophy
- Assist with ensuring all correspondence to our customers is clear, concise and customer focused
- Understanding of and working within our claims risk attestations including reporting any issues or risks
- Build strong working relationships with internal/external parties such as trustees, underwriting, product, finance and on trends and issues which may affect claims
- Representation and participation in internal and external working groups and forums
- Ensuring resources are used effectively and come in on or under budget.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 yrs life insurance claims experience. Retail or Corporate Group experience.
- Proven experience in managing a team and mentoring staff.
- Extensive knowledge of FOS and Litigation/QA.
- Have a collaborative approach and create a positive team environment.
- Strong results focus with attention to detail.
- Exceptional communication skills which will lead to excellent relationship building with both internal and external stakeholders
What’s on offer
This leading Insurer can offer a great work – life balance, fantastic career growth, exceptional support from administration, technical team, rehab teams and management.
If you meet the criteria and would love the opportunity to become part of the team please apply and also please contact Dominic Sheppard on +61 2 9240 6386
Connect with me to hear about similar roles not yet posted: