Profusion have been selected as an exclusive partner with this leading insurer to help recruit on this exciting new project. Due to a huge period of growth they have decided to open a brand new office in Chatswood.
Our Client is Australia’s leading Workers Compensation Insurer who have made it their business to be an organisation where people perform at their ‘Optimum‘ and are rewarded for ‘Excellence‘. Their shared purpose is to deliver a new, empowered and emphatic claims model that delivers the most optimal outcome for injured workers and their employers.
As a Workers Compensation Claims Assessor/Case Manager you will be responsible for managing the investigation and assessment of new and existing Workers Comp Insurance claims. You will also be working alongside third parties and internal departments in relation to these claims and ensuring that terms and conditions as well as service level agreements are met and adhered to on each case/claim.
You will have exposure to various portfolios such as Mental Health (psychological) , Psychical Complex Claims, Injury Management + Return to work.
- Manage the front/tail end investigation and assessment of new and existing Workers Compensation Claims
- Take ownership of customer problems and issues to create a positive customer experience
- Show initiative to build and maintain knowledge of claims industry
- Ensure individual compliance to policies and procedures in all actions
- Facilitation of appropriate injury management, including medical, treatment and rehabilitation requirements
- Coordinate all services and support needed for crisis management
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- You are passionate about helping others and providing a high level of customer service
- Ideally 12 months Allied Health background/degree or existing experience in Case Managing (CTP, Workers Comp, Personal Injury of Life Insurance) , workers rehabilitation, social work or equivalent
- Strong technical skills across Physical, Psychology or Return To Work;
- Medical – Demonstrate a basic knowledge of medical terms/concepts so you can interpret reports and apply knowledge to the assessment process
- Product – Demonstrate a working knowledge of the main product range including upgrades
- Legal – Understand the main concepts of the Workers Compensation Act that are relevant to assessing claims
- Exceptional Communication skills – proven experience in working with internal and external stakeholders
- Financial analysis – Understand the basic elements of financial assessment for individuals and sole traders
- Intuitive/Investigative Skills – Demonstrates an understanding of the tools available to investigate claims
What’s on Offer
These leading Insurers can offer a great work – life balance, lower caseloads, exceptional support from administration, technical and rehab teams.
Work alongside a strong and stable management team.
Other Benefits include:
- A vibrant, collaborative team culture
- Comprehensive learning and development support
- RDO’s and Profit Share
- Competitive salary packages
- 17.5% annual leave loading
If you meet the criteria and would love the opportunity to become part of the team please contact Dominic Sheppard on +61 2 9240 6386
Connect with me to hear about similar roles not yet posted: