Profusion have been selected as a preferred supplier to a leading self insurer giving you the opportunity to tailor your search.
Our Clients are one of Australia’s leading Self Insurers who have made it their business to be an organisation where people perform at their ‘Optimum‘ and are rewarded for ‘Excellence‘. Roles are based across the CBD.
As a Workers Compensation Claims Assessor from a allied health background, you will be responsible for managing the investigation and assessment of new and existing Workers Comp Insurance claims. You will also be working alongside third parties and internal departments in relation to these claims and ensuring that terms and conditions as well as service level agreements are met and adhered to on each case/claim.
You will have exposure to various portfolios such as Mental Health, Complex Claims, Injury Management + Return to work.
- Manage the front/tail end investigation and assessment of new and existing Workers Compensation Claims
- Take ownership of customer problems and issues to create a positive customer experience
- Show initiative to build and maintain knowledge of claims industry
- Ensure individual compliance to policies and procedures in all actions
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Minimum 12 months Allied Health background
Life Claims Insurance, allied health, workers rehabilitation or equivalent
- Strong technical skills across Psychology or Return To Work;
- Medical – Demonstrate a basic knowledge of medical terms/concepts so you can interpret reports and apply knowledge to the assessment process
- Product – Demonstrate a working knowledge of the main product range including upgrades
- Legal – Understand the main concepts of the Workers Compensation Act that are relevant to assessing claims
- Exceptional Communication skills – proven experience in dealing with internal and external stakeholders
- Financial analysis – Understand the basic elements of financial assessment for individuals and sole traders
- Intuitive/Investigative Skills – Demonstrates an understanding of the tools available to investigate claims
What’s on Offer
These leading Insurers can offer a great work – life balance, lower caseloads, exceptional support from administration, technical and rehab teams.
Work alongside a strong and stable management team.
If you meet the criteria and would love the opportunity to become part of the team please contact Dominic Sheppard on +61 2 9240 6386
Connect with me to hear about similar roles not yet posted: