- Competitive day rates
- Work with the key players within the investment business
- Melbourne CBD
Profusion’s large well known financial client is looking for a Developer who has sound Superannuation and/or investments experience to join their Front-Office team.
In this role you will be developing and enhancing existing and new solutions to better analyse and report on data from the investment branch of the business. This role will require outstanding stakeholder management skills and will be integral link between the business and IT.
Working closely with the Traders who need high achievers who can help to quickly solve a business problem, automate processes, and provide data to the business directly. Paramount to this role is ability to clearly communicate and receive new requests and are able to differentiate between a desk development solution and an enterprise IT solution.
Skills & Experience
- This is both a technical role and business focused role, so to be suitable you must have experience working in a front-office investment management environment
- Experience in providing analysis, design, development and implementation of Microsoft Office applications and databases (mainly Excel)
- Knowledge of the Fixed Income and risk Management or Equities space
- Strong experience in Python development
- Strong AWS experience
- Experience in and willingness to support VBA, VSTO Excel and Access
- SQL database experience
- Using strong VBA experience help building applications for the business to better analyse and report on their data and automate processes
- Using strong stakeholder management, you will be a confident in translating business requirements into technical specifications.
- Have a broad understanding of technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems
- Sufficiently understand software development methodology and have an understanding of architecture standards. Interfaces with main development team for larger development efforts or where a desk development solution needs to scale to a formal IT project
- Excellent experience in writing SQL to produce data for analysis
- Creates reports using Microsoft Access and proprietary reporting tools
- Strong, demonstrated analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
What’s on Offer
This opportunity will allow you to gain a deeper understanding of the business especially in the investment area as they make critical investment business decisions. You will become key in how IT can partner with the business to produce better solutions.
Apply now via the APPLY button