- Brand New Cloud Operation
- Work with Global Teams
- Career Progression Opportunities
Global, Market leading Financial Services organisation, known for it’s unique culture and stellar reputation.
This role will be responsible for Technically leading a brand-new cloud operations team, who ensure availability and resilience of the AWS cloud platform. Utilise your experience in DevOps to modernise operations.
- Provides senior level Tier 2 operational services, including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving Cloud Platform escalated issues.
- Deployment of applications and services into AWS using a variety of automation tools such as Cloud formation, Puppet and Cloud provider API’s.
- Work with application development teams using continuous delivery practices and toolsets i.e. Git, Jenkins and automated testing tools
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to build capabilities that support strategic work practices such as DevOps and Agile
- Monitor and resolve automated system alerts and alarms
- Recommend automated monitoring enhancements
- Coordinates resolution activities with IT groups across systems and platforms.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in a Technical Leadership or Senior Engineering position.
- 5+ years in a Systems Administration/Engineering function, encompassing Cloud Services.
- Understanding and practical experience maintaining and administering Pivotal Cloud Foundry/AWS Platforms.
- Experience with Cloud Formation and Puppet
- VMware vSphere / ESXi / ESX experience
- Understanding of monitoring/telemetry solutions (Splunk, ELK, Nagios).
- Experience in supporting CI/CD pipelines will be highly advantageous.
- Scripting skills in at least one language (Shell, PHP, Python).
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix systems.
- The ability to communicate effectively with business and technology teams.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills.
What’s on offer
This role contributes to a Global operating model, interfacing with teams in the US, UK and has high visibility to the business. In addition, this company is known for being one of Australia’s best places to work, offering flexible work arrangements, paid learning, free gym membership and more.
Apply Now to Jonny Jameson (02 9240 6351) for a quick response via the link below.